CE Hrs: 6 non-contact APT Approved Provider #12-318
Participants complete the training online through the Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Online Training Site. Click the link below to read more about the online training process and to register for the training. If you have any questions please let us know.
Registration and Information: Using Play Therapy with Adult Clients: Individuals, Couples, and Groups
This training introduces participants to using play therapy with adult clients. Identified benefits of using play therapy with adults will be presented. How to introduce clients to play therapy and strategies for helping adult clients who are hesitant will be covered. Case examples will be discussed and participants will learn about a and complete several play therapy interventions covering a variety of issues including trauma, self esteem, relationship struggles, and depression issues. This correspondence training is completed from home but includes an interactive/experiential component where participants are asked to complete eight exercises which are returned along with their post exam. Complete this informative and interactive correspondence training at your own pace, gain CE Hours, and enhance your therapy skills.
1) Define the benefits of using play therapy with adult clients.
2) Explain how to introduce play therapy to adult clients.
3) Identify hesitation issues and how to address hesitation issues that adults may have in participating in play therapy.
4) Outline about the V.I.P. Play Therapy Model in working with adult clients.
5) Describe case examples of play therapy interventions used with adult clients.
6) Identify several play therapy interventions that can be used with individual clients, couples, and groups.
This training is approved for 6 CE hrs applicable to the Association for Play Therapy (APT). Attendees wishing to receive APT continuing education hours must meet the guidelines established by these organizations. This training is relevant for Registered Play Therapists, Licensed Counselors, Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Psychologists, School Counselors, Certified Counselors, and other Mental Health Professionals.