CE Hrs: 6 non-contact APT Approved Provider #12-318
Participants complete the training online through the Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Online Training Site. Click the link below to read more about the online training process and to register for the training. If you have any questions please let us know.
Registration and Information: Using Board Games in Play Therapy
This training focuses on using board games (traditional, therapeutic, therapist created, and tablet games) in play therapy. Typical uses, considerations, and skill gains will be covered. Ways to incorporate board games to align with treatment goals will be presented. Several popular board games will be discussed with examples of modification for a more therapeutic experience. Video clip examples will be presented and experiential exercises provided. This correspondence training is completed from home but includes an interactive/experiential component where participants are asked to complete exercises which are returned along with their post exam. Complete this informative and interactive correspondence training at your own pace, gain CE Hours, and enhance your therapy skills.
1) Define at least four common uses for board games in play therapy.
2) Explain special considerations when using board games in play therapy.
3) Identify different categories of board games including traditional, therapeutic, therapist created, and tablet games.
4) Define at least five ways to modify traditional board games in ways that are more therapeutic and address play therapy treatment goals.
5) List at least 10 board game interventions to use in pay therapy.
6) Explain special considerations when using tablets in play therapy sessions.
This training is approved for 6 CE hrs applicable to the Association for Play Therapy (APT). Attendees wishing to receive APT continuing education hours must meet the guidelines established by these organizations. This training is relevant for Registered Play Therapists, Licensed Counselors, Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Psychologists, School Counselors, Certified Counselors, and other Mental Health Professionals.