CE Hrs: 6 non-contact APT Approved Provider #12-318
Participants complete the training online through the Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Online Training Site. Click the link below to read more about the online training process and to register for the training. If you have any questions please let us know.
Registration and Information:
Play Therapy Theories are So Playful: An Engaging Look at Play Therapy Theories
This is a self-paced online/home study training that focuses on the Association for Play Therapy’s ten seminal and historically significant play therapy theories (child centered play therapy, Adlerian play therapy, filial therapy, Gestalt play therapy, cognitive behavioral play therapy, ecosystemic play therapy, Theraplay, developmental play therapy, Jungian play therapy, and object relations play therapy). Each theory is highlighted with accompanying video clip examples, additional readings, and/or techniques. This training further describes a prescriptive and integrative approach to play therapy. Participants will have the opportunity to explore their own philosophical and play therapy preferences and contemplate which play therapy theories best align with the work they enjoy doing.
1) List the main tenets of Child Centered Play Therapy, Filial Therapy and Adlerian Play Therapy.
2) List the main tenets of Cognitive Behavioral Play Therapy, Gestalt Play Therapy, and Ecosystemic Play Therapy.
3) List the main tenets of Jungian Play Therapy, Theraplay, Developmental Play Therapy, and Object Relations Play Therapy.
4) Describe a prescriptive and integrative play therapy approach.
5) Identify a play therapist “best fit” for aligning with theories and approaches.
6) Describe the variances and the common feature among play therapy theories.
This training is approved for 6 CE hrs applicable to the Association for Play Therapy (APT). Attendees wishing to receive APT continuing education hours must meet the guidelines established by these organizations. This training is relevant for Registered Play Therapists, Licensed Counselors, Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Psychologists, School Counselors, Certified Counselors, and other Mental Health Professionals.