CE Hrs: 8 non-contact APT Approved Provider #12-318, Certified Training Partner for IBCCES #CE159432
Participants complete the training online through the Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Online Training Site. Click the link below to read more about the online training process and to register for the training. If you have any questions please let us know.
Registration and Information: Play Therapy Interventions for Autism and other Neurodevelopmental Disorders
Interventions, interventions and more interventions! If you are looking for play interventions to use with children with ASD and other neurodevelopmental disorders this is the correspondence training for you! This training focuses on Play Therapy approaches and techniques that work well with treating autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. A general overview of autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders will be provided. How Play Therapy can be a viable treatment approach for autism is also reviewed. Special considerations in using Play Therapy and in creating directive techniques will be covered. Several directive Play Therapy techniques will covered, special considerations when using play therapy with neurodevelopmental disorders will be presented, and strategies for developing play therapy interventions will be discussed. This training includes copies of the Play Based Interventions for Autism Spectrum Disorder and Other Developmental Disabilities book. This correspondence training is completed from home but includes an interactive/experiential component where participants are asked to complete exercises which are returned along with their post exam. Complete this informative and interactive correspondence training at your own pace, gain CE Hours, and enhance your therapy skills.
1) Implement play therapy approaches to treat neurodevelopmental disorders including autism spectrum disorder and ADHD.
2) Identify evidence supported play therapy approaches for working with children and adolescents affected by neurodevelopmental disorders.
3) Describe several structured play therapy interventions for children and adolescents affected by neurodevelopmental disorders.
4) Describe special considerations when implementing play therapy approaches with children with neurodevelopmental disorders.
5) Explain how to design a play therapy intervention and playroom set up when implementing play therapy with children with autism.
6) Outline the most common neurodevelopmental disorders as defined by the DSM V.
7) Discuss parent involvement as an evidence based practice when working with children with neurodevelopmental disorders.
8) Identify play therapy approaches that incorporate parents and family members as change agents.
Continuing Education for Mental Health Professionals:
8 CE hrs. This training is appropriate for: Registered Play Therapists, Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Psychologists, and School Counselors, students pursing a mental health degree or license, and any other mental health professional. This training is approved for 8 CE Hrs by the Association for Play Therapy and IBCCES (Certified Autism Specialist and Autism Certificate).