CE Hrs: 6 non-contact APT Approved Provider #12-318
Participants complete the training online through the Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Online Training Site. Click the link below to read more about the online training process and to register for the training. If you have any questions please let us know.
Registration and Information: Family Play Therapy: Approaches and Interventions
This training focuses on the process and implementation of conducting play therapy with families. Therapists will gain information on how to work with families utilizing play therapy interventions and processes from a general perspective which includes assessing for appropriateness, conducting intakes, and various special considerations when working with the whole family verses an individual child. Therapists will also gain an overview of several established family play therapy approaches such as Child Parent Relationship Therapy, Filial Therapy, AutPlay Therapy, and more along with resource information to acquire furthering training in each of these models. Therapists will further gain information about research related to using play therapy with families and learn several play therapy interventions that can be implemented with families. This training is completed online and through home study but includes an interactive/experiential component where participants are asked to complete play therapy interventions. Register today and complete this informative and interactive training at your own pace, gain CE Hours, and enhance your therapy skills.
1) List the main identified features of strong families.
2) Describe family play therapy including specific models and approaches.
3) Identify special considerations when working with families in play therapy.
4) Identify the play therapist’s role when working with families.
5) Explain strategies for addressing parent hesitation in participating in family play therapy.
6) Discuss primary play therapy approaches such as Child Parent Relationship Therapy, Filial Therapy, and AutPlay Therapy.
7) Describe at least seven family play therapy interventions.
8) List relevant research related to family play therapy.
This training is approved for 6 CE hrs applicable to the Association for Play Therapy (APT). Attendees wishing to receive APT continuing education hours must meet the guidelines established by these organizations. It is also approved for IBCCES hours – IBCCES Training Partner #CE159432. This training is relevant for Registered Play Therapists, Licensed Counselors, Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Psychologists, School Counselors, Certified Counselors, and other Mental Health Professionals.