CE Hrs: 16 non-contact APT Approved Provider #12-318, Certified Training Partner for IBCCES #CE159432
Participants complete the training online through the Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Online Training Site. Click the link below to read more about the online training process and to register for the training. If you have any questions please let us know.
Registration and Information:
Mental Health Professionals or Students Click Below:
AutPlay Therapy Certification Training – Mental Health Information and Registration
Non-Mental Health Professionals Click Below:
AutPlay Therapy Certification Training – Non-Mental Health Information and Registration
This is an intensive certification training that focuses on teaching the AutPlay Therapy protocol, an integrative family play therapy approach to working with children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder, neurodevelopmental disorders, and other developmental disabilities. AutPlay Therapy emphasizes a neurodiverse approach and harnesses the therapeutic powers of play to help address issues common for autistic children and their families. This training presents an overview of autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. How to build relationship and assess (utilizing several AutPlay inventories) for target goal areas is covered along with parent and child co-change agent processes. Goal areas of connection, emotional regulation, and social navigation are described with example play therapy interventions for each area. The three progressive phases are presented (intake and assessment, structured play interventions, and termination).
Parent/family/child involvement is explained with protocol for working with parents and children as partners in the process. The AutPlay Therapy Follow Me Approach is explained which details how to work with children with little to no engagement and attunement ability creating special play times to improve connection and relationship development. Additional components such as theoretical underpinnings, understanding dysregulation, improving regulation ability, research, and case examples are covered. Several play therapy interventions are explained and demonstrated through session video clips. Experiential experiences are presented, and case conceptualization and planning are discussed.
To complete this training, participants are required to read the book AutPlay Therapy for Children and Adolescents on the Autism Spectrum when completing this training. Additionally, participants will read through the PowerPoint, complete experiential activities, and need access to YouTube to complete this training
1) Explain autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
2) Describe the components of AutPlay Therapy including: conducting an AutPlay Therapy session, theoretical underpinnings, phases of treatment, assessment and screening instruments, and goal planning.
3) Describe the three common primary and three secondary target areas of AutPlay Therapy.
4) Identify several structured play therapy interventions to use for addressing target areas.
5) Discuss how to involve parents and other family members as co-change agents (partners).
6) Describe the AutPlay model of dysregulation
7) Identify play therapy interventions to address dysregulation issues.
8) Implement the AutPlay Follow Me Approach, designed for children with limited engagement and attunement ability.
9) Describe how to work with parents in implementing AutPlay Follow Me play times at home.
10) Explain research and evidence based practices in AutPlay Therapy.
11) Outline the theoretical underpinnings of AutPlay, including seminal play therapy theories and other integrated methods.
12) Identify at least 6 AutPlay interventions to increase experiential knowledge.
Continuing Education for Mental Health Professionals:
16 CE Hrs. This certification is appropriate for Registered Play Therapists, Licensed Counselors, Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Psychologists, School Counselors, Certified Counselors, and other Mental Health Professionals. This training is approved for 16 non-contact CE Hrs by the Association for Play Therapy and IBCCES (Certified Autism Specialist and Autism Certificate Credentials).
Continuing Education for Other Professionals:
This training is approved for 16 non-contact CE Hrs applicable to IBCCES (Certified Autism Specialist and Autism Certificate). Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Pathologists, Special Education Teachers, and other professionals in case management, education, and medical fields working with children and adolescents with autism and related conditions can complete the AutPlay training and receive certification status but will not receive Play Therapy (APT) continuing education hours.