CE Hrs: 6 non-contact APT Approved Provider #12-318, Certified Training Partner for IBCCES #CE159432
Participants complete the training online through the Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Online Training Site. Click the link below to read more about the online training process and to register for the training. If you have any questions please let us know.
Registration and Information: Autism and Trauma: AutPlay Therapy and Beyond
This training will explore the unique manifestations of trauma in children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). How to use AutPlay Therapy (a play therapy approach) to address trauma issues and how to integrate and adapt other evidence-based trauma approaches for children with autism will be covered. Research related to trauma and autism and play therapy and trauma approaches will be highlighted. Trauma will be discussed from two perspectives: a traditional view of trauma impact and autism as a trauma response. Participants will also learn about and engage in experiential play therapy techniques to address trauma issue in children with ASD.
1) Identify the AutPlay Therapy three step process to help children with autism who are struggling with trauma issues.
2) List at least two reasons play therapy is appropriate for addressing trauma.
3) Describe at least three play therapy interventions that help children with autism and trauma develop regulation ability.
4) Define the five-paradigm process of autism as a trauma response
5) Identify how AutPlay Therapy integrates with established trauma protocols.
6) List at least two play therapy interventions that help children with autism and trauma develop emotion identification and expression.
Continuing Education for Mental Health Professionals:
6 CE hrs. This training is appropriate for: Registered Play Therapists, Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Psychologists, and School Counselors, students pursing a mental health degree or license, and any other mental health professional. This training is approved for 6 CE Hrs by the Association for Play Therapy and IBCCES (Certified Autism Specialist and Autism Certificate).