AutPlay Therapy Resources
- AutPlay Autism Checklist Revised: Download or print a free copy of this screening checklist designed to assist professionals and parents in implementing a strengths based autism screening to detect symptoms of an autism spectrum disorder. Further, the checklist assists professionals in identifying areas for therapy planning.
- AutPlay Telehealth Readiness Questionnaire: Download or print a free copy of this questionnaire. This was designed for therapists to use in evaluating if a client is a good fit for telehealth and/or what needs to be further discussed or developed for the client to successfully participate in telehealth.
- Going to See a Play Therapist Social Story: Download or print a copy of this social story to read to children before they attend their first play therapy session. Other professionals such as occupational therapists and speech therapists may also use the Social Story as a guide to create their own unique Social Story specific to their office setting.
- Telehealth Resources and Intervention Ideas in AutPlay Therapy: Download or print off a free copy of the Telehealth Resources and Intervention Ideas in AutPlay Therapy document. There are several play interventions listed that can be implemented through telehealth. There is also a list of several resources for providing telehealth services with children.
- AutPlay Therapy YouTube Channel: Explore the AutPlay YouTube Channel for several videos related to AutPlay and other play therapy topics, including demonstrations of several play therapy interventions.
- Sharable Resources: Download and share anywhere! Neurodivergence Image, Neurodiversity Affirming Play Therapy Constructs, and Neurodiversity Affirming Play Therapist Logo.
- Understanding Ableism and Neurodiversity in Play Therapy: From our home study courses, watch the free 1.5 hour recorded webinar worth 1.5 APT CE Hrs.
- Play Therapy Theories: A Basic Overview: From our home study courses, watch the free 1 hour recorded webinar worth 1 APT CE Hr.
- Neurodiversity Affirming Play Therapy: From our home study courses, watch this 2.5 hour recorded webinar featuring 9 play therapists presenting on being neurodiversity affirming in play therapy. Worth 2.5 APT CE Hrs.
- Listen to the Neurodiversity Podcast interview with Dr. Robert Jason Grant discussing AutPlay, play therapy, and being neurodiversity affirming.
- Watch the Autism in Action Podcast interview with Dr. Robert Jason Grant discussing AutPlay Therapy.
- Listen to the One Day You’ll Thank Me Podcast interview with Dr. Robert Jason Grant discussing neurodiversity and mental health.
AutPlay Therapy Information Papers
These papers are designed for a quick reference to provide more information about AutPlay Therapy and topics often inquired about. These papers might be used to help explain AutPlay to a third party or to provide additional information for those wanting to lean more about AutPlay.
- About the AutPlay Therapy Certification Program
- AutPlay Therapy Quick Facts
- AutPlay Research and Theoretical Underpinnings
- AutPlay and the Therapeutic Powers of Play
- AutPlay Therapy and Trauma
AutPlay Therapy Trainings
We facilitate several trainings around the world each year. We also offer trainings on a variety of topics related to play therapy, trauma, and neurodiversity. Visit our In-Person Trainings page to see what is happening around you.
Did you know we offer several home study trainings/courses – including the AutPlay Therapy training? Visit the Home Study Trainings page to view all our self-paced home study training offerings covering a variety of play therapy topics.
To request a replacement certificate for any training, please email your name, the certificate you are needing replaced, and the specific training you attended including city and date to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to pay the certificate replacement fee of $7.50. You may call the office to pay 417-755-9042 or pay through PayPal below.
AutPlay Therapy and the Virtual Sandtray App (VSA)
Check out the AutPlay package on The Virtual Sandtray – a new media interpretation of a physical sandtray. It is a new and exciting way to bring sandtray therapy to places not convenient for physical sandtray therapy, such as hospitals, disaster areas, in home therapy and travel.
There are new opportunities to treat clients, such as those unable to physically access a standard tray, those that are unable to work with sand due to sensory processing reasons, sand and food allergies, and those that will not work with a traditional sandtray.
The AutPlay package features autism specific models including several feeling emoticons which can be changed in size and color. The AutPlay package also comes with 30 directive tray interventions designed for neurodivergent children and adolescents. The AutPlay package is an add on after someone has purchased the Virtual Sandtray App.
Play Therapy Resources
- Interested in learning more about Play Therapy? View the Association for Play Therapy (APT) website or view the APT YouTube channel.
- View and access the PDF book Mandalas in Play Therapy created by Dr. Eric J Green, Dr. Robert Jason Grant, and Tracy Turner-Bumberry. This free resource offers several mandala templates for elementary, middle, and high school aged children.
Access to PDF versions of inventories and forms found in the AutPlay Therapy books can be accessed here. You must have attended an AutPlay Therapy Certification Training or purchased one of the following books to gain access with a special pass code.