AutPlay® Therapy is an integrative family play therapy framework designed for mental health professionals especially those with a background in play therapy. Other professionals such as occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, and education professionals have also benefited from learning the AutPlay process.
Become a Certified AutPlay Therapy Provider
The AutPlay Therapy Certification Program is a curriculum-based competency credential. Certification in AutPlay Therapy is a credential which shows that a person has achieved a proficiency and specialized training in AutPlay Therapy. This certification is designed to establish a stringent and meaningful credential for professionals using AutPlay Therapy. Its purpose is to demonstrate to consumers and referral sources that a person has achieved training, experience, and competence in AutPlay Therapy; an integrative approach for working with neurodivergent children and their families.
Licensed Mental Health Professionals and/or those (including students) who are pursuing a licensure in mental health can complete the full certification program. Other disciplines such as educators, speech therapists, occupations therapists, etc. can complete AutPlay Therapy trainings but do not receive certification status.
Benefits of AutPlay Therapy Certification
- Gaining knowledge in an integrative approach to using play therapy with neurodivergent children and adolescents.
- Expanded knowledge in advocating for neurodivergent children.
- Advancement in professional growth by demonstrating specific knowledge of neurodiversity and neurodiversity affirming practices.
- Continual support and maintenance of professional growth with special offers on additional trainings.
- Added confidence and excitement in the daily work of helping neurodivergent children and adolescents and their families.
- Continual support and maintenance of professional certification and consultation/supervision services offered by approved AutPlay supervisors.
- The AutPlay Therapy certification is a lifetime certification.
- Certified Providers name and contact information are always displayed on the AutPlay website and a social media press release is provided for all new providers.
- Training hours are applicable for continuing education for NBCC (Certified Counselor), and APT (Registered Play Therapist) credentials.
- Certified providers receive special access to various AutPlay materials.
What professionals are saying
Can’t come to us? We’ll come to you!
If you would like us to conduct an AutPlay Therapy certification training in your area, please contact us by phone 417-755-9042 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you are interested in becoming a registered play therapist or registered play therapist supervisor, please visit the Association for Play Therapy website.