AutPlay® Therapy is an integrative family play therapy approach designed for mental health practitioners especially those with a background in play therapy. Other professionals such as occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, and education professionals have also benefited from learning the AutPlay process.
Become a Certified AutPlay Therapy Provider
AutPlay Therapy Certification is a curriculum-based competency credential. Certification in AutPlay Therapy is a credential which shows that a person has achieved a proficiency and specialized training in AutPlay Therapy. This certification is designed to establish a stringent and meaningful credential for professionals using AutPlay Therapy. Its purpose is to demonstrate to consumers and referral sources that a person has achieved training, experience, and competence in AutPlay Therapy; an integrative approach for working with autistic children and neurodivergent children, those with developmental and physical disabilities, and families.
Benefits of AutPlay Therapy Certification
- Gaining knowledge in a comprehensive approach to using play therapy to treat children and adolescents with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Expanded services and growth of one’s mental health practice.
- Advancement in professional career by demonstrating specific knowledge of autism and neurodiversity
- Opened doors for public speaking, presentations, and publications about autism, neurodiversity, mental health, and play therapy.
- Added confidence and excitement in the daily work of helping autistic children and adolescents and their families.
- Continual support and maintenance of professional certification and consultation/supervision services offered by approved AutPlay supervisors.
- The AutPlay Therapy certification is a lifetime certification.
- Certified Providers name and contact information are always displayed on the AutPlay website and a social media press release is provided for all new providers.
- Training hours are applicable for continuing education for NBCC (Certified Counselor), APT (Registered Play Therapist), and IBCCES (Certified Autism Specialist and Autism Certificate) credentials.
- Certified providers receive special access to various AutPlay materials.
What professionals are saying
Can’t come to us? We’ll come to you!
If you would like us to conduct an AutPlay Therapy certification training in your area, please contact us by phone 417-755-9042 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you are interested in becoming a registered play therapist or registered play therapist supervisor, please visit the Association for Play Therapy website. If you are interested in becoming a Certified Autism Specialist or obtaining the Autism Certificate credential, please contact IBCCES for more information.