AutPlay® Therapy is a neurodiversity paradigm informed framework for mental health professionals, (especially those with a background in child and play therapy). The focus of AutPlay is to address the mental health needs of neurodivergent children and adolescents through a neurodiversity affirming approach.
AutPlay materials, trainings, consultations, and the certification program are designed to help you implement a neurodiversity affirming approach when working with Neurodivergent clients. Information is focused on creating and maintaining a neurodiversity affirming atmosphere as you navigate play therapy theory, approach, and intervention selection and application. To better help you on your learning journey, we have created a Resource Guide for Professionals that highlights several resources (including AutPlay) that can help you gain a deeper knowledge into neurodiversity, Neurodivergent clients, and operating from a neurodiversity informed and affirming lens. Please print the guide and access any relevant resources to further your knowledge.
Become a Certified AutPlay Therapy Provider
The AutPlay Therapy Certification Program is a diversity focused curriculum-based credential. Certified AutPlay Provider is a credential which establishes that the practitioner has completed a multi step program to understanding neurodivergence within play therapy implementation. This certification is designed to provide a stringent and meaningful credential for professionals working with Neurodivergent children and adolescents. Its purpose is to demonstrate to consumers and referral sources that a person has achieved training, experience, and competence in neurodiversity affirming application when implementing play therapy theory and approach with neurodivergent children and their families.
Licensed Mental Health Professionals (counselors, social workers, psychologists, school counselors) and/or those (including students) who are pursuing a licensure in a mental health field can complete the full certification program and gain mental health CE Hrs. Other disciplines such as educators, speech therapists, occupations therapists, etc. can complete the AutPlay Therapy two-day training but do not receive certification or mental health CE Hrs.
Benefits of AutPlay Therapy Certification
- Gaining knowledge in a neurodiversity informed and affirming framework when implementing play therapy with neurodivergent children and adolescents.
- Expanded knowledge in advocating for neurodivergent children.
- Advancement in professional growth by demonstrating specific knowledge of neurodiversity and neurodiversity affirming practices.
- Continual support and maintenance of professional growth with special offers on additional trainings.
- Added confidence and excitement in the daily work of helping neurodivergent children and adolescents and their families.
- Continual support and maintenance of professional certification and consultation/supervision services offered by approved AutPlay supervisors.
- The AutPlay Therapy certification is a lifetime certification.
- Certified Providers name and contact information are always displayed on the AutPlay website and a social media press release is provided for all new providers.
- Training hours are applicable for continuing education for NBCC (Certified Counselor), and APT (Registered Play Therapist) credentials.
- Certified providers receive special access to various AutPlay materials.
What professionals are saying
Can’t come to us? We’ll come to you!
If you would like us to conduct an AutPlay Therapy certification training in your area, please contact us by phone 417-755-9042 or email at email@example.com.
Note: If you are interested in becoming a registered play therapist or registered play therapist supervisor, please visit the Association for Play Therapy website.